Happy Sunday! What are you up to this weekend? The Surfer and I have been enjoying some down time. I feel like we’ve been traveling, hosting guests and visiting family for the last couple months straight. I’m certainly not complaining about it! In fact, I love it! However, this weekend, it’s been nice to take a deep breath, sleep in, walk around in our underwear and watch a couple movies together.
Recapping Last Week’s Workouts:
- 800m run time trail x 2 – my fastest was 4:05 <— I’m okay with that! My mile time trial was 9:something at the beginning of the month, so I’m happy I ran faster for 1/2 a mile!
- 4×100’+100′ as heavy as possible sled drag + reverse sled drag – My heaviest was 305#. I could have drug more weight, but the reverse drag was like death for my quads and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t of have it.
- “Diane” 21-15-9 reps, for time
- Handstand Pushups
- I finished in 7:04, used 115# for the DL and did box HSPU
- 3 rounds for quality of:
- max time L-hang (I did bent knees)
- 10 KB windmills/side (I started with 18# and dropped to 9)
- 30s ring plank hold <— those are very challenging and I did 15s at a time
- Sandbag Clean and Press – 1RM – I was able to clean 110#, but I couldn’t get it overhead, so my max C&P was 80#. We don’t have any SBs in-between 80 and 110. I think I have the strength to press 110#, I just need to work on quick elbows and getting my hands under the SB.
- 4 rounds of this 90s workout:
- 50m SB carry – I used 110#
- max distance burpee broad jump
- rest 90s
- “Rest” day. I did all kinds of things around the house, including taking nine loads of laundry to and from the laundry room, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, etc
- Split Jerk – 1RM – I successfully did this at 105#. I tried 115# and failed, but we were running out of time so I didn’t try 110#. I think this was like the 3rd time in my life I’ve done split jerks. I was happy with my number!
- 3 rounds of this complex, for load:
- 10 DB single leg RDL/leg
- 10 DB hang squat cleans
- 10 DB reverse lunges/leg
We weren’t able to put the DBs down until we’d completed all 50 reps. I used 12-15-20, and 20# super sucked because those DBs get sweaty and heavy! My glutes are still sore today!
Saturday & Sunday
- Rest days
I don’t typically rest both weekend days, but my mind needed it this week! Anthony and I had every intention to do a park workout yesterday, but one thing led to another, and before we knew it, we were at a local brewery having a beer. 😉
This week I’m aiming to get to CrossFit on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Ideally, I’d like to take yoga a couple times, too! I’d love to hear what your plans are for the week! Schedule your workouts, meal prep and get your mind right!